To help San Luis Obispo mitigate, adapt to and build resilience to climate change, the SLO Climate Task Force is looking for a dynamic Natural Solutions leader to build volunteer support for the expansion, conservation, restoration, and improved management of SLO’s urban canopy, greenspaces, woodlands, agricultural lands, grasslands and wetlands.
The Natural Solutions task force member would be responsible for the following tasks:
- Build Natural Solutions team including finding a deputy.
- Define Natural Solutions team strategy and action items.
- Prioritize the climate-relevant cost/benefits of potential natural solutions.
- Obtain funding to support implementation of natural solutions.
- Plan, execute, and measure success of natural solution projects.
- Expand the capabilities of the Natural Solutions team by supporting the growth of andpartnering with like-minded community groups, and by leveraging professional, governmental and academic expertise.
The ideal candidate would have basic knowledge of climate change and climate action practices, be a dynamic communicator, have a flexible schedule, be a self-started and self-manager.
Task Force membership is a volunteer 2-year term with mandatory meetings twice monthly.
Natural Solutions is one action group within the SLO Climate Coalition, a group of dedicated, talented local residents who created the mission of leveraging community expertise, creativity and resources in order to multiply SLO’s efforts to become carbon free by 2035.
Other action groups focus on decarbonizing buildings, decarbonizing transportation, waste reduction, outreach and
community choice energy. Please join us in supporting these efforts by visiting carbonfreeslo.org or attending an upcoming SLO
Climate Coalition meets at Ludwick Center in downtown SLO
The public is always welcome.