Bookmark this page and come back to it anytime you’re inspired to take some action that will benefit your planet and your community.
We only will ask you to participate in actions that are likely to have a large and timely impact.
Clean Energy Choice Program for New Buildings
- Watch this fabulous video we’ve produced to show why and how these reach codes will help your family. It’s on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Sept. 3: Come to the City Council Meeting to voice your support in person
- If you can’t do that, write a letter of support to email@example.com
- Sign the Sierra Club petition, but only after sending an email directly
- Learn about the reach codes via the City website or one of their workshop presentations.
- Read about why we support these reach codes
- Check out the local Tribune coverage of our Why Electrify? event
- And if you want to dive deep, read what other SLO residents are saying about this proposal (click on 9-03-19)
- Or read the actual proposal (warning, it’s wonky)
Community Choice Energy:
All August: Help us place pressure on the Board of Supervisors to agendize Community Choice Energy. Pick one or more:
- Sign our petition
- Email or call Debbie Arnold, the possible swing vote (805) 781-4339
- Contact your supervisor about putting Choice on the agenda
Stop Polystyrene Pollution
- Sept 11: County’s reads new Polystyrene Ordinance: 1:30 at the Gov Center
- Ask the Waste Board (IWMA) to vote to stop polystyrene pollution, especially north County representatives:
- John Hamon firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Borbeau email@example.com
Debbie Arnold firstname.lastname@example.org
John Peschong email@example.com